Friday, January 19, 2007

Friday Blabberings

I'm hoping for a lot of snow tonight and tomorrow. They're calling for a bunch up north, around Lake Erie, but I don't think we're supposed to see much. I'm ready to go sled riding... as soon as I procure a sled. Oh, and it's got to get colder too. I went out to the land last night and tinkered around, cut some wood and built a fire. It was soggy and wet all over, but still fun. I haven't been able to do anymore toward building my tepee, but it would be great to have that up when it snows. I got all the material and have all the poles cut, but it's been too cold and wet to do anything. If I get energetic tonight I might get the canvas ready to sew.

Our Christmas tree is still up. I was going to take it down my last day off but the wife insists that she take it down because she's afraid I'll smash all the branches down flat. I did finally take down the outside lights, which wasn't much of a task since we only had them around the porch. I want to get the tree down so we can get this place cleaned.

My car needs a new water pump. It's either that that's bad or the thermostat. I bought a thermostat because that's cheaper that a pump, but when I went to change it I saw that I was going to need an engineer's degree, a lot of expensive tools, several days of free time, a lot more coffee, and a wide open space where I could throw tools when I get mad. So I decided it would be easier to change the water pump, but since the weather isn't suitable to doing that right now I guess I'll just stick to driving the car short distances. Luckily I only live less than a mile from work.

A new competitor in the grocery business opens its doors tomorrow, so it'll be interesting to see how busy we will be. Our store is getting ready to expand, so there's a lot going on at work right now, even though January is a slow month. I need to get busy looking for new employment. Being a procrastinator by nature I've been saying that for a few months now.

The next weeks and months are going to keep me on my toes. We have a lot to get done to the land, like getting it leveled and having a well drilled, then a little later on a septic system put in. My second son graduates this year, so that'll be a huge expense. We have to get this house ready to put on the market, which means spending a lot of money.

My second son is having a Halo party in the basement tonight. That should be interesting. Make that annoying. The youngest is going to a Klondike Derby for scouts tomorrow, and I can't get him to do anything to get ready for it, so he'll probably be running around at six in the morning trying to find what he needs. A Klondike Derby is where the scouts compete in various winter events, like trying not to freeze, or trying to loosen a tongue from a flagpole. They usually get a neat little patch and the flu to bring home.

Well, I didn't have anything to write about (in case you couldn't tell) so I just rambled on, sorry. Unless you want to hear about how long I took in the shower or if I pooped today or some equally interesting topic I will end my ramble and hope you are having a great day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

It doesn't matter what you write about, just keep on writing. And I thought your blabberings were interesting. Sometimes it nice to hear what's going on in other peoples lives.

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home