Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Nightmare

In my dreams I often find myself at some very high place where the only way down is to fall. Last night was one of those dreams, this one involving a bridge over the Ohio River which seemed to be several hundred feet high. For some reason there was no guardrail, I was walking across, and halfway across I was suddenly on only a section of the bridge which wasn't connected to anything else and I had no way off it. I awoke to waves and waves of panic. The panic I experience from nightmares is a little different than when I'm awake, because with every wave pain shoots down my legs into the bottoms of my feet. So there I lay for about five minutes with spikes stabbing me in my feet, trying to wake up and forget the dream so I could go back to sleep. That didn't happen, and I spent the whole day in sort of an anxiety filled daze. I hate when a dream stay with you all day like that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

The dreams that bleed into the day are the very worst! Hate the falling ones. It's such an odd feeling.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I hate nightmares. I can never fall back to sleep after I have one. I just lay there thinking about the dream for the rest of the night.

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home