Friday, November 23, 2007

Picture a Cabin Right About Here


I think we've decided to put a log cabin on our property instead of building a house. That's the latest plan anyway, but it still won't be up anytime soon as we still have a lot to do to get ready to build. It would sit pretty much right where the tepee is now. I took this picture from up on the hill to try to give me an idea of what it will look like, but once I get the land leveled and the septic and well put in I might decide - with my wife's input of course - that it would look better someplace else. The wet weather and short days make it hard to do much out there right now, and with next week being the start of deer gun season I probably won't be out there much then either. You take your life in your hands if you decide to go to the country during gun season. That's when people come down from the big cities with a new gun, a case of Bud, and an itch to shoot something, so it's best to stay as far away from the woods as possible unless you're armed and ready to shoot back. When, and if, we move out there it'll be an adventure walking outside at this time of year.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Tim,

Love the picture! I can picture a log cabin right there. As for the fools with guns and beer, dear Lord, they need to cart themselves back to the city. I deal with those weekend crazies every time I go visit Hank's grave. There's always someone shooting something. Living in a log cabin would be cool, I think, though!

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home