Saturday, November 03, 2007

Except For The Man In Black

Every so often the management of the store where I work will change the type of music that plays on the system throughout the store. Sometimes it's all 80's, sometimes a mix of all time hits, modern music, or classical. Right now I guess they are appealing to the "beer drinkin, truck drivin, coon hounds for pets" population with that twangy output called Country. I refuse to call it music because, with few exceptions, it all sounds the same to me. Yeah, I know... there are some people who don't share my views and would beat me senseless with jumper cables for saying anything against their country idols. One of the exceptions to my dislike of country is Johnny Cash. Although his music falls within the country category I can listen to about all of Johnny's songs. He had a way of telling stories through his music without the nasal twang of most of the country crowd. Whenever I hear Ghost Riders in the Sky I have to stop whatever I'm doing and listen, resisting the urge to sing along if I'm within earshot of anyone.

I think they're going to change the station soon, so hopefully I won't have to endure much more of that ear-bleeding noise......... Yeah, I'll get it for sure for that statement.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Tim,

If you're a Johnny fan, you're cool by me! I LOVE him. Just bought a song by him on I-Tunes this morning. As for new country, it's awful by and large (except Dwight Yoakum and Hank Williams the 3rd). Here's hoping for some good music soon for you!

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home