Sunday, December 02, 2007

Master Jack

Clicking the title will take you to a video of a song that my sister had in her endless collection of 45's way back when. I used to sit for hours - or until I got caught - and play records by bands like The Association, Tommy James and the Shondells, Gary Puckett and the Union Gap, and Ronnie Dove. This was a looong time ago, before I had my own 45's, except for one, and that one would have been worth a lot of money had I been able to keep it. It was the theme song from Batman, the Adam West version, and many years later when the Batman movie starring Michael Keaton came out the older Batman paraphernalia was fetching a few bucks. Anyway, I didn't start to buy my own records until later, and some of my first ones were by Neil Diamond, Three Dog Night and Billy Joel. I had a pretty good little collection of 45's going for awhile, then I have no clue what happened to them when the 80's rolled around and cassettes and eight tracks replaced records. Stuffed in the attic and discarded I suppose.
On days like today, when it's miserable outside, listening to records was one way to pass the time, those many years ago.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Tim,

Sitting around listening to music is my favorite way to pass the time on crappy weather days! Hope you're having a good Tuesday!

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home