Monday, August 09, 2010

The First Step

I finally prodded myself until I took that first, terrifying step into the next phase of my life. I turned in my two weeks notice at work and filled out an application for college. Its going to be a very new experience for me, and I don't know how it'll go yet since I'm, by nature, not good at handling changes. This is a change that's been needing to take place for along time now. Not neccessarily starting school, but getting out of the rut I've been in for so long. I have a hermit-like existance in which I barely get out, and hardly see any of the world around me. Hopefully that will change, and maybe it will help with my panic issues too. I've been at my job for thirteen years and I was so tense when I went to turn in my notice that I drove around the block a couple of times trying to talk myself into going through with it. The second I handed it over I felt an immense relief and I knew I'd done the right thing.
Now to take the next step.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Tim,

congratulations! I wish you were going to be my student! (I'm going to be teaching a little again part-time this semester) Good luck, my friend -- real proud of you!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

Thanks Michelle!
It would be great to be in your class... I envy your students.

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home