Tuesday, June 08, 2010

A Good Life

Today is June 8th, which happens to be the anniversary of my mother's death. It's always been a fairly solemn day in which I reflect a little bit on her life, but mostly mourn her passing. I usually write something on here about her, but I was thinking that this year I wouldn't because it's kind of depressing for me to do so. But then I was thinking, why should it be a sad, depressing day? My parents both believed firmly in the afterlife and the rewards of living their lives as their faith dictated. I believe they both did this to the best of their abilities, so therefore this should be a day of celebration. Today I celebrate the anniversary of the achievement of my mother's life goal, her reunion with the Lord.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

This is a lovely post. It's a really sweet way to think about the anniversary of your mother's passing. That's one thing I think about with death -- seeing everyone I love again and seeing God.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home