Sunday, August 22, 2010

Walking Away

Friday was my last day at work, and it was kind of depressing but at the same time just a little bit exciting as I said goodbye to people I've worked with for years, knowing that some I would never see again. Funny, the feeling of closeness that I had never realized was so strong with some of them came out with those goodbyes, and I know that I'll miss the special bonds that grew over the thirteen years I worked there.


After I clocked out for the last time I was hit by the thought that I was now out of a job, and that was a worrisome thought. Am I really doing the right thing? What if I hate school, or do poorly? I'm a very good worker and I could probably get another job doing what I've been doing for most of my adult life, but I'm going to college to try to find something else I like and better myself, so hopefully I won't have to go back to the same type of job. I'll have to work hard, but I'm ready to give it a try. Entering a class where I'll probably be the oldest student there, I only hope I'm not mistaken for a cadaver from the medical building. I must remember to look as alive as I can.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Tim,

Good luck, my friend! You'll do great. I'm also getting back in the school groove. Wish you were my student! :)

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home