Saturday, December 16, 2006

Mom and Dad


I really miss holidays with my parents. It's not so much that I want to go back and relive all those great old days when we were all together and there didn't seem to be a care in the world, but mostly I wish they were here to share in the holidays with my family. Mom died before any of my kids were born, and my two older boys only have vague memories of my father. It would be so nice to have them back, just for the grandchildren to get to know their grandparents. I guess as long as I remember them they are still with me to a certain extent, and I can't imagine ever forgetting them, so this Christmas I will be celebrating silently with them as I do every year.

These pictures are my parents on their wedding day and on their fortieth anniversary. It's hard to see, but on the doilie at the bottom of the large picture is the broach my mom always wore when she went anywhere. It has the birthstones of all nine kids on it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Nice pictures of your parents. I am blessed to still have my parents with me. They watched my children grow up and have had the pleasure of seeing their two grandsons have children of their own.

12:56 AM  
Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Beautiful picture, Tim. My heart breaks for you at this time and I totally understand.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home