Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Cold Weather Blues

There are so many things to be thankful for, living in this day and age, but often I get so mired in my problems that I forget what it could be like in a different age. Foremost in my thoughts is the fact that, even though I hate the long winter nights, modern technology has made it much easier to bear than in years gone by. Without the tv, computer or electric lights I think I could see myself playing out a scene from The Shining during the bleak stillness of a winter night. Thanks to electricity and the closeness- in proximity- of neighbors that living in a town provides, I can make it through without sharpening my ax for evil-minded purposes. Still though, I celebrate when the winter solstice passes and longer days begin.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

I know how you feel. I hate the cold weather and the fact that it gets dark by 5:30. But that being said, I am so thankful for heat, electricity and indoor plumbing.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

I hear you, Tim! It's snowing today in Detroit and if I didn't have to get out in it, I'd probably be watching The Shining and relaxing in front of my space heater. Here's to summer!

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home