Saturday, December 02, 2006

I'm It

Seems like I've been tagged by the lovely Laura to come up with six weird things about me. Hmm.. I'll see what I can do. I'm sure tomorrow I'll come up with 1283 weirder things I could have put down instead, but here goes.

1- I have funny feet. Toes, to be more specific, although I never thought there was anything wrong with them my wife says they aren't suppose to curl down. Her toes are straight along with my kids. Gotta give me a break on this one, our family is only a couple of generations removed from living in the trees.
2- I'm mostly ambidextrous. I'm right-handed, but started using my left to throw when I was young, then started writing with my left hand when I did crossword puzzles just to ease the boredom. I know this is weird because my friend saw me one day switching hands and called me a weirdo, hence it deserves a place on this list.
3- I don't travel. Not very far, anyway. It's an anxiety thing.
4- I love chili, but I always have to put either mustard or pickle juice in it to give it flavor. Try it!
5- I have odd tics. They've mostly disappeared since I've gotten older.. little things like watching the floaters go across my eyeballs and making them move back and forth. I still do that once in a while I guess. (You wanted weird, so weird you have)
6- I have to have a shirt on when I sleep, and have to have a cover of some kind or I can't sleep at all, no matter how hot it is.

Well, that's it. If there's a prize attached to this I think I might be in the running, judging from some of the other ones I've read.

Last night my wife was late getting home from work. She called to say there had been an accident on the highway and she stopped to help. When she got home she had blood all over her. A 20 year old had flipped his car and was ejected out of it, severing his arm almost completely off in the process. My wife stayed and helped until they took him away to meet the Life Flight helicopter. She said there were people just standing around him as he was lying on the pavement. She took charge and started giving orders to those people. If there's one thing she's good at it's giving orders, so those people probably knew what it felt like to be one of the kids... or me. Just kidding, I give all the orders around here. Well most of the orders. Sometimes I give orders. Ok, I get ordered around a lot. Anyway, I'm proud of her.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Tim,

What a story -- you're wife sounds like she kept her cool and made a huge difference. I'm only okay in emergencies and terrible at giving orders, even to myself. I like your list of weird things -- I've got travel anxiety too!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Good job on the 6 weird things, but pickle juice!!! That is strange.

Lucky for the guy who's arm was almost severed off that your wife happened by and took charge of the situation. She sounds like a good person to have around in an emergency situation.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Erik Donald France said...

The chile twist sounds worth a try. Horrible about the accident.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home