Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Death to Life

My wife just switched jobs, going from being a critical care nurse to a pediatric nurse, at the same hospital. When she first started into nursing she had intended to be in pediatrics, but so did a lot of other nurses, hence there were no immediate openings anywhere for that, but everyplace needed critical care nurses. This is her first week and so far she says she loves it, going from making people comfortable as they leave this world to ushering new life in, quite a difference.

The seasonal change of life is under way in nature right now, as the trees are starting to change colors and the leaves fall. It's peculiar to see that happen when the temperature is in the upper 80's like it is. I won't complain though, because I love it being this warm, I can still work and play outside... ok, so I don't really do any work. Anyway, it can wait until late January to get cold and snow as far as I'm concerned. That way it isn't long before life begins anew in the spring.

In case you missed it, the Indians beat the Yankees last night! Bring on the Red Sox!! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Tim,
Glad for your wife's new job! I think nurses work so hard and have the real work in caring for patients, quite often knowing MUCH more than doctors and taking endless grief from both sides. I have nothing but love and respect for the nurses I have dealt with that took care of my mother in her tough times. I couldn't do that kind of work -- oncology nurses and critical care ones deserve a medal every day! I'm glad for the warm weather, but tomorrow it's back to cold reality here in the D!

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home