Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Go Into the Light.....Then Take a Right, Down the Hall, Third Door on the Left

I guess maybe it's because I'm getting a little older and will actually be a grandpa next year (still trying to absorb that one) but I've been thinking about death more and more, although I don't dwell on the thought until it evokes an explosive panic attack like I used to do. I think I'm just trying to choose an ending that I like and trying to guide my life in the direction which will help me reach it. It's hard though, deciding what I think the afterlife - if one exists- will be like. Through all my life, and I think probably everyone's, there is an inner sense of things; right and wrong, good and bad, stand up or sit down to pee... things that seem to be instinctive and yet when it comes to thinking about life's end there's no clue as to what that future holds or what we should be prepared for. I know, you have to pick something and just have faith that you made the right choice, but that's what I'm saying... there are so many opinions on the subject of afterlife, and so many of them sound plausible that it's like trying to pick from the menu at Texas Roadhouse. Guess I'll just hang in there until someone convinces me that I need to be doing something different. That will probably come on my deathbed, when I become convinced that I should have been doing something another way for the past 80 years, and try to undo a lifetime of stupidity in a few hours from my hospital bed, although, knowing me the way I do and the procrastinator that I am, I'll probably decide to wait until I feel better to start. Anyway, all I can say right now is that I'll be here until I'm gone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Tim,

I hear you on this death theme. Man, I think about it way more than I should. I just hope I get to see my family and friends when it's all said and done and that it's not too painful. As for being a grandfather, that's wild! A lot to take in, I imagine. Life is always so mysterious, I think.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home