Monday, December 17, 2007

'tis the Season


It seems like there are always things happening at this time of year that don't have anything to do with the holidays, but nonetheless are added to the hustle and bustle of the season. One of the extra events was the Boy Scout Eagle ceremony last week where my son Nathan was recognized along with the other boys who achieved the Eagle rank. Here he is with my wife and me after the ceremony. I never take a good picture, and in this one I'm squinting like Popeye for some reason.
Other things that usually come along at this time of year which aren't so nice are things like; car trouble, broken water pipes, hospital stays, speeding tickets and overdrawn bank accounts. So far this year I've managed to avoid those maladies but there's still a week before Christmas, so anything can happen before then. Speaking of a week until Christmas, I haven't been shopping yet, which isn't unusual for me, ever the procrastinator. My wife buys presents for the kids, so I don't have very many things to buy but I still have no idea what to get her or anyone else. I suppose you'll find me on Christmas Eve at the drug store, the only place open, running around trying to hunt for this and that, giving the Chia Pets and fruitcake a second look as I run short on ideas.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Tim,

LOVE the picture! You all look great and you must be so proud! I'm with you on the seasonal maladies -- dear heavens, just let me make it to the day after Christmas. As for gifts, I'm almost there, but of course, I'll probably be at the drugstore as well for the last minute everything.

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home