Friday, December 29, 2006

Mountain Man

I headed straight out to the country when I got home from work today, hiked up and over the hill and cut down about six small trees to make poles. Then I dragged them, one by one, up to the top of the hill before making an attempt to drag all of them down the other side at once. That was the fun part. Trying to keep a half a dozen twenty foot poles together going through brush and over fallen logs isn't as easy as it sounds. All the leaves are wet, so everything is slippery, and there's no straight path until I get to the field, and since that's all downhill at about a 65 degree angle it's even more slippery than the woods. But.... I love every minute of it. I really do. If I thought last year at this time that I'd be doing this I wouldn't have believed it. I'm still getting used to actually owning property. Anyhow, I only have a few more poles to cut, then I'll get the fabric to make my tepee. Hopefully it will slightly resemble the intended dwelling, but the way I do things I just have to wait and see.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Sounds like too much work to me. I hope you take some time to enjoy the holiday season. Happy New Year to you and yours.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Beautiful post, Tim! Here's to a really wonderful 2007 -- Happy New Year!

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home