Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Tis The Season

I shouldn't be on here writing. I should be wrapping presents and finishing shopping. This has been the most hectic week in a long time, and it will only get worse as Christmas draws closer. My wife and I went shopping yesterday and got most of the things we wanted to, but didn't get any of them wrapped, and since we both work from now til Christmas it's going to be difficult to get it all done. This house is a disaster. Piles of dirty clothes. Piles of clean clothes sometimes mixing with the dirty so that you have to sniff something to see where it belongs (only slightly exaggerating). Dirty dishes cluttering up the kitchen, even though the dishes were just done. Trash can sitting at the side of the house, full, and since today was trash day and I forgot to take it to the curb it will be overflowing by this time next week. Christmas concert tonight and youngest son needs clothes ironed for that. New Christmas tree has been sitting in the middle of the living room for three days, waiting for cleaning to be done so it can be put where it belongs. Oh the joys of the season!
On a little brighter note, my wife had her mamogram yesterday and everything was clear, so at least that worry is out of the way. Thankfully, her boobs bounced back to their original shape after being flattened like a waffle in a waffle press. I wasn't witness to that torture, although she said it wasn't that bad, but I think if I had been watching my nipples would have cringed at the sight.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Glad to hear that the wife is ok. I know what you mean about all the work to do before Christmas. I have to work this weekend too and I'm hoping I can get everything done for Christmas Dinner. It's hectic, but it always seems to work out in the end.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Tim,

Thank the Lord! I'm so glad all is well. I also have that tired Christmas feeling! Good luck in getting it all done!

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home