Sunday, December 28, 2008

Until Next Year

I just spent the afternoon watching as the Steelers had their way with the Browns and beat them 31-0. What an embarrassing season if you're a diehard Browns fan. They set a record today for going the longest without scoring a touchdown in NFL history, 24 quarters. Not that it bothers me that much, since I'm only a fair weather Browns fan at best.
The Steelers were my team growing up, back when Terry Bradshaw was the QB and they had the Steel Curtain defense. What great teams they had back then. I remember a pass that Bradshaw threw while being chased, off balance and across his body, that traveled 84 yards in the air. I was in awe. When I got married and started a family I lost interest in football, which was ok because I worked every Sunday and didn't get to watch the games anyway. By this time I had been living in Browns country for a while and when I finally did get back to watching football I sort of gravitated toward Cleveland, so I loosely followed the Browns. Football has never been my number one sport though, probably because I didn't play it in school (our school didn't have a team), but I did dream of being a kicker and booming 70 yard punts deep into enemy territory.
Anyway, I do hope the next season is a better one for the Browns. The fans need something to look forward to.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Tim,

At least they are not the "winless Detroit Lions" which I believe will become their new official name next year. The 0-16 season isn't pretty for anyone. Hope you're having a good holiday week, buddy!

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home