Sunday, September 27, 2009

The In-Between Time

I have to admit that I don't care much for this time of year, when the seasons are changing. Here in Ohio the change seems to come quickly most years, with warm, summer-like weather giving way to a sudden cold and rainy period which seems to drag on right into late fall with very few nice days before we're facing down winter. I'm ok once fall gets going with the chilly weather, but it's the transition period which gets me down. I guess maybe I regret not getting things done I wanted to do while it was still nice, which happens every year. Or maybe I just don't prepare myself mentally for the changing seasons. Or maybe it's something that I just don't deal with as well as other people - lord knows that's been part of my make-up all my life. Whatever the reason, I get depressed and moody around this time and have to find things to occupy my mind, which is why I usually find a project of some kind to get started on (do I ever finish these projects? haha).
Well the wind is blowing, air is cool, and the leaves are changing, so I'm off to go poke around and see what I can start this year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hi Tim,

I agree -- transitions are hard! Never been good at them myself. So glad for fall, but you're right, the in between time is strange. Hope you're having a good week!

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home