Saturday, September 05, 2009

Camping Out

I took a break after I got off work last night and Ryan and I spent the night at the cabin. It's the first time since last winter I've spent the night there, even though I go there almost everyday to do work of some sort. It was a relaxing, peaceful night. We fixed hamburgers on the grill and roasted corn in the fire, opened a can of beans and had a great meal. Then I sat there and watched the full moon rise slowly over the top of the hill, illuminating everything with it's magnificent glow. After a while of soaking in the peace and quiet we went to bed. I was looking forward to sleeping on the bed that I'd just constructed, but since Ryan's had a cold I didn't want him sleeping on the air mattress on the floor so I slept there... and froze through the night, so I started up the heater at 4 A.M. and slept well after that. Got up early enough to see the sun rise. Well, not exactly, since the fog was so thick that you couldn't see the sun itself, but when it finally started burning through it glistened off the wet grass and trees, and spider webs in the trees shone a brilliant silver color. It was so wonderful watching nature at sundown and dawn, and spending quality time with my youngest son. All my problems took a back seat for awhile and I was exactly where I wanted to be at that moment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hi Tim,

Your description in this post is really beautiful! Love the picture you paint. So glad you got to get away from everything and experience that happy zen-like feeling of being exactly where you should be.

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home