Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Excitement Dims, Work Begins

After the first two days of classes I'm now wondering whether I took on a little more than I should have. I was never good at doing homework in high school, and I thought that my concentration and organization had improved since then, but maybe I was wrong. Why is it that I can sit for hours and read a book from the library, finish it in one sitting, and be able to tell all about the characters, plot and pertinent details, but reading one chapter of my accounting book is taking me forever and nothing is soaking in? Maybe I'm just too tense. I was doing ok with my classes until yesterday when I had one where my instructor was extremely hard to understand because he spoke softly and with a heavy accent. I was very frustrated when I left that class, and I may have to drop it because I literally cannot understand what he is saying.


On the homefront, I planted a garden this year from which I've gotten some tomatoes and have been making spaghetti sauce and salsa. Not a good crop of anything this year though. Last year there was an abundance of everything from wild berries, peaches and apples, to the giant pumpkins I planted. This year some of the tomatoes I've gotten have been spotted or puny, broccoli didn't do well, and every pumpkin that has started to grow has withered away before it gets mature. So overall not a good crop of anything, but enough good tomatoes to can some sauce - my first attempt ever to can anything. Oh well, it's a good thing I don't have to rely on my gardening skills to put food on the table.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Tim,

Hope your classes are going well! I've been crazy busy teaching -- wish you were in my class!

12:36 AM  
Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Tim,

Just got my internet going again -- thank goodness! Also, broke my toe on my way from teaching classes yesterday. Oh joy!

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home