Friday, April 04, 2008

I Am The Lion

I'm in a Neil Diamond mood this morning, so the title is a link to one of my favorite songs from his Taproot Manuscript album. My brother had the record when I was young, and on the cover, Neil had written his inspiration for making the album, which was that he had fallen in love with a girl whose roots were in Africa and he found that exciting. Many of the songs on there are related in some way to the passion he felt for the Dark Continent, and it definitely ranks as one of my favorite albums ever.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Tim,

LOVE Neil Diamond! Used to listen to him all the time as a kid and had quite a good baton twirling routine to "Coming To America." :) I love this album, as well as Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show which I also listen to a lot. As for Africa, my dad and Hank used to pretend they were British explorers going there to discover new things. Cracked me up to no end -- both were so funny. Anyway, thanks for the link! Hope you're having a good Friday on your vacation week!

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home