Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Slow Blade

I awakened again last night with my arm and hand tingling and numb. It's been doing that off and on for awhile now, sometimes taking several hours for the feeling to completely come back and sometimes, like today, it never does. I went to the doctor about it a few months ago and he said there was nothing to do for it except to be careful that I don't sleep on it wrong. It's just one of the many aches and pains that are threatening to turn me into a walking hurt-thing. As if a knife blade is slowly pushed in just far enough to cause a lot of pain but not enough to put you out of your misery, then reinserted in another spot, I think this is what it's like to age not-so-gracefully. I know I'm not alone in my physical decline, as I hear so many people - old people- on a daily basis talking about doctor visits, new prescriptions and the latest ailment to befall them. I just hadn't planned on joining them this soon. I guess it's my punishment for not furthering my education to get a cushy job where I didn't have to do a lot of physical work.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Tim,

That's awful, you poor baby! I have several friends who claim that they are being stuck with voodoo pins in the back. It must be something in the air. Take good care of yourself, buddy!

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home