Tuesday, March 18, 2008

When I Escape Life


My wife and I were discussing our financial situation the other day and the topic of selling our seven acres in order to stay on top of the bills came up. I hope it doesn't come to that. After years of living in town it's incredibly nice to be able to go out there any time I want and do whatever I want. My wife was born and raised in town so, even though she loves it out there when the weather is nice and everything is green and lovely, she doesn't feel the need to escape to the country like I do. Her favorite alone time is when she's shopping. I can go there any time and stay for hours. Even this time of year, when everything is a different shade of brown, I can walk through the woods and enjoy the solitude and the stark bareness of late winter, where the few signs of life mix with the surrounding seasonal death to remind me that its bleak appearance will soon give way to an explosion of green brilliance. It's nature and it's where I feel at ease when the burdens of life weigh me down.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Oh Tim,

It looks really beautiful! I hope it doesn't come to selling it. Nature is supposed to be very healing for a lot of people; there's a whole new branch of psychology that works with nature to cure all sorts of problems like anxiety and panic attacks. One of my good friends healed herself this way and I've known lots of people who feel better after being alone in nature. I've gone on a hike or two. In high heels. In the city. :) But I can definitely see the charms.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Happy Easter, Tim! Hope you're having a good one!

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home