Friday, March 14, 2008

Flash of a Memory

I was about nine or ten one time when one of my friends stayed the night with me. Back then it was a big deal to stay over at one of your friends' houses or have them stay with you. On this occasion it was a kid who was always getting in trouble for something or other, which meant that if I was with him at the time then I'd be in trouble too. He was from the town where I went to school, so being in the country was something different for him. For example, he didn't get to have a bb gun in town, so when he stayed this time we were out shooting at things with my gun. All was well until he decided to take a shot at my sister and hit her in the leg. Naturally she went screaming into the house and my big brother came out, took the bb gun off my friend and spanked his ass with it. It was one of those situations where you stand and wonder what to do next. I couldn't really take his side since he shot her on purpose, yet I'd have to spend the rest of the night with him after getting a beating by my brother. I don't think he stayed any more after that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Tim,

That's a really cool piece of writing! I remember situations like that where you invite someone over as a kid and things happen before morning that make you or the other person want to go home. BB guns are often involved! Hope you're having a good Palm Sunday!

6:30 AM  
Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hope you're having a great St. Patrick's Day, Tim!

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home