Sunday, July 27, 2008

Time Travel

The beautiful Michelle posed a question to her readers a few days ago, asking them when and where they would go if they could go back in time. I've given this a lot of thought and have come to the conclusion that there are two ways to go. You could go back to a time in your life you wanted to either change or relive or, you could use your time machine to take you to places that fascinated and excited you. I think the latter was more the answer that she was looking for, and the endless possibilities this presents are every one's dream. I can imagine going back to prehistoric times and witnessing the age of the dinosaurs or finally solving some of the great mysteries of the world by being there and watching them unfold, but that wouldn't really be my life. To be able to live out your dream you'd have to put yourself into a situation that would create an opportunity to do so. I guess then, that I'd choose a simple life. I'd go to the Dominican Republic in the seventies, where baseball was played on every vacant lot and every back yard, producing many major league players from this small republic. I know, it's nothing extravagant and with so many kids playing I doubt I would stand a chance at any kind of a baseball career, but it might be fun nonetheless. In my real youth I played as often as I could, but living so far from town and other kids limited my ability to see just how good I could become, and my high school days on the team were interrupted by work so much that I only played my sophmore and junior years, not doing much to impress anyone but thinking I might have if I had a better chance.


So I guess that's it. Sure, I'm thinking that I could go back and change the way I am, be nicer to my parents, get better grades in school, invest in the stock market, save the world...things like that, but I think I'd pass that all up for a chance to play baseball everyday.... I'm not a very complicated person.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Tim,

I LOVE this answer! Baseball all day, endless summer. Hope you're having a great weekend, buddy!

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home