Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Faint Whiff

I have a cold. It's about average on the severity chart as far as colds go, but all day yesterday and today I haven't been able to taste or smell anything. I can't remember when I ever totally lost those senses like this. I can differentiate between hot and cold, and can feel texture on my tongue, but beyond that I could chew on a habernero pepper or eat a dog turd and it would be the same. I did take advantage of my lack of smell and scoop the cat box, a task that usually has me running out to gasp a breath or two before wading back in to finish.... didn't smell a thing this time. I think I'm getting better though, because I just put some Vicks Vaporub on and I can faintly make out the smell. Good old Vicks. My mom use to plaster us kids in it when we got sick, putting a thick coat on our chest, throat, nose and in our shoes, I think. Guess mom knew best because I think I'm clearing up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Poor Tim,

I hope you feel better very soon! I hate colds -- they always make me feel like I'm underwater. My great grandmother used to use Vicks every single night so I love the smell and relate it to her. Whenever Beth or I got a cold, we'd get the full treatment. It does work! All happy thoughts to you to make you well!

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home