Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Getting There, Slowly

I started getting serious about conquering my driving phobia the last couple of days, and thanks to some slight over medicating I've had a small amount of success. The pre-anxiety before I set out has diminished greatly, and even though I haven't achieved the breakthrough goals I was looking for there is definitely an optimism on my part about finally getting this thing under control which has been missing for some time. I've quadrupled my meds the last few days and I think that might be the key to getting over that initial inhibition. Although the extra meds make me very drowsy when I get home, the benefits while I'm on the road are worth it, and I checked on Internet medical sites and found that what I'm taking is well within the maximum prescribed dosages. The important thing now is to keep attacking the problem and not backslide. For the first time in awhile I'm feeling good about myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Tim,

I'm totally with you on this -- I HATE driving. Will do almost anything to get out of it. I drive when I must, but I never am going to be one of those people who enjoys it like my sister Beth or my friend Angela. (Oh, thanks for the kind words to me and Beth -- she was thrilled! She's very shy and it takes a lot for her to perform on video.) Congratulations to you on the progress. And Cleveland's win -- it hurts, but Lebron is cool!

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home