Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Highs and Lows

This past week I was on vacation. It was really really good to get away from work, though I had a mountain of chores waiting for me to take care of. Even so, it's always better to be able to choose what you want to work on and do it at your own pace than to go do the same boring thing day after day. The warm weather these last few days have certainly been advantageous to doing all my gardening and yard work, so in that respect it's been a very good week.

As I looked around at what I had to do I had to keep adding to the list I was making in my mind, then adding the cost of doing those things to the overwhelming debt I'm already in and decided that most of my plans would probably not happen. I know I'm luckier than a lot of people who are losing jobs and homes, but it's still depressing to know that my ambitions are for naught, and worse - bills keep piling up for the unexpected twists and turns which have to be dealt with on an increasingly more frequent basis.
My life insurance expires when I reach age 94, and I can cash that in then, so that's one thing to look forward to. Maybe I'll put off getting new tires until then.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Tim,

I'm glad you had some vacation time! I hear you on money issues -- it seems like weird little expenses are always cropping up and can be truly frustrating. (ie, a hundred dollars on cough and sinus medicine this weekend which struck me as totally evil). Here's hoping things get much better soon for all of us!

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home