Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Proper Education

A few years ago I thought about going to school and getting an education so I could get a better job, even have a career of some kind. Things came up and I never followed through. I'm giving serious thought to that again, but there are so many things to take into consideration. Will we be able to pay bills while I'm in school? What if I don't do well? How will a fifty year old fit in with all the younger kids?
My wife has been encouraging me to go for it, so I know she'll be supportive, but I'll be stepping into an unknown world. I haven't been in a classroom setting for over thirty years, and high school was something I hated, although I know that the reason for that was the fact that I didn't fit in with any peer group very well back then. Anyway, I'm going to talk to a counselor and see what I need to start the ball rolling, then see if I really want to take the leap. I'd be going to the same school as my son, so I'd probably embarrass him daily... yeah, that would be fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Tim,

Oh man, you have to go for it! It's so much fun to go back and do something new. My very favorite students are always the ones who have some life experience. My heart always lifts when I see someone my age or older in my class!

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home