Wednesday, October 14, 2009

We Find In Favor Of...

I got a notice in the mail that I was selected for jury duty starting this week. So far I haven't had to go, but I have another week and a half left on my term. I just don't like the idea of sitting in judgement of someone I only get to know during a trial, a stressful situation at best for all involved, then having to decide their fate. The thought of having to send someone to jail for a temporary lapse while driving which caused an accident, or figuring out if Mr. Smith has to pay Mr. Marks $125,000 because he slipped on ice on Mr. Smith's sidewalk and broke his wrist during a blizzard isn't something I sit at home and wish I could do instead of watching reruns of The Simpsons. I suppose it is my civic duty to take part in the judicial process at least once in my life, and since I didn't have to report at all the last time I was chosen I shouldn't complain too much. Besides, I get paid $12 a day if I have to go in. That's worth missing a few days of work, right?

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Tim,

Oh Lord, do you have my condolences on this one. I got picked as a juror on the last go aruond until I managed to convince the defense that I was a loose cannon and that I probably wasn't a great choice. Nightmare. Three days driving in ice to the courthouse. But missing work was cool. :)

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home