Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day By Day

One of the hardest things to do in my life has been to live every day without thinking about how I'm supposed to be living it. I envy people who get the most out of each day by getting up in the morning and tackling whatever comes their way without a lot of forethought or planning. They seem to have complete faith that the direction they're headed is the right one and never look back, or go back, to yesterday. Is this kind of approach something that can be learned? If so I'd like to find that school, because it seems no matter how determined I am to be carefree at the start of the day, that feeling just doesn't last long and I find myself worrying about something apart from the daily ventures, or daydreaming about other things I could be doing. All the worrying and wanting can do is take time away from actually getting something accomplished, and I can see the truth of this, but it's hard for me to redirect myself and focus on things at hand. I guess that's why I don't seem to be a happy person much of the time because I do a lot of worrying. My best moods come when I don't think about things other than those that lie in my daily path, and the future and past are pushed out of my thoughts completely. I wish I could live that way every day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hi Tim,

Great post! I hear you on this one -- man, I do hate the anxiety of mornings sometimes. I'm not naturally happy -- too much anxiety. But alas, I'm going to try the zen thing best I can!

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home