Wednesday, December 01, 2010

The First Semester

With my first semester of college almost over I figured I'd put down a few thoughts on my back-to-school experience so far.
Most of the students are very well-behaved, intelligent young people who have a desire to learn. I never thought I'd be saying that about a bunch of kids just out of high school, considering that I've worked among the public for a very long time and have seen quite a few who represented the other end of the spectrum. I'm really pleased at getting to know some of these people and interacting with them in class.
The instructors are about what I had expected them to be, some more serious than others and some more knowledgeable than others, but they all seem to enjoy their work and respect their students.
The campus itself, Kent State Tuscarawas, caters not only to the student, but to the community, and is constantly expanding. I love the fact that they have just about everything I need, and I could almost live there if they stayed open all night. They've just opened a new Performing Arts Center, which is a huge, architecturally beautiful building, and I'm hoping to be able to go to the open house they're having for it this weekend.
Learning to study again after all these years has been the biggest challenge yet, but it's starting to come back to me and I've discovered that it's exciting to cram knowledge into my mostly-empty brain. I'm hoping that excitement stays with me until I graduate, at least.
Overall, I'm really glad I made this move in my life. My only regret is not doing it a lot sooner.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

So glad your first semester back went well! I'm so ready for Christmas break . . .

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home