Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Days of Boredom and Despair

The gloomiest of days is upon me. Not only the overcast sky above me, but my mood, which just seems to be getting more depressed as the day goes on. I drive down the road and far ahead I see a single beam of sunlight break through the thick clouds, looking very much like a phaser beam shot from the Enterprise on Captain Kirk's command. I'm thinking that at least someone up ahead is having a break from this depressing day. Soon the clouds block out the sunbeam and I drive on into a mist that turns to a light rain. With seemingly no end to this dark grey that has taken over my soul and this afternoon's drive I round a bend in the road, only to be bathed in brilliant sunlight shining down on me, the dark clouds parting as if God Himself looked down and took pity on me, sending a sign telling me to cheer up. And it works. Those few seconds of glorious sunlight on this most dismal of days changes my entire outlook on the day, and I drive on in an almost cheerful mood.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hi Tim,

Sorry to hear about the down mood. I get those spots too! But I'm glad you got the sunlight -- God does do those moments where you see something that takes you out of your pain. Always good!

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home