Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Do You Remember The Midnight Special?

Cranking up my music while I have the house to myself. What ever happened to good song writing anyway? Is there anyone out there today who can compare to the super groups of my era, singers who had music and meaningful, understandable lyrics? Maybe there are and I just don't listen with an open ear, prejudiced as I am, but when I turn the volume all the way up on Heart, Supertramp or The Police it doesn't just jiggle my feet, it shakes my soul. And when I mellow out with Gordon Lightfoot or Neil Diamond they can take my mind to places filled with lazy summer days and the quickening of young blood on a steamy night.... Yeah, sounds awful cheesy, but it's nostalgia night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hi Tim,

Love all of these bands, especially Neil Diamond! Nothing like Solitary Man or Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show to cheer me up!

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home