Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Maple Syrup Time

It's that time of year again. Warm days and below-freezing nights make the sap in the maple trees run, which means it's time to drill some holes in a few trees and rob them of their oh-so-sweet life blood. Actually I started almost two weeks ago, and already have a quart of maple syrup made, with more pots of sap boiling as I write. I keep telling myself that the next year I'm going to go all out, start early and tap a lot of trees, make a lot of syrup, and go into business selling it. It hasn't worked out that way yet. Right now it's just a hobby of sorts. Not a lot of work involved, but it's something that takes a tremendous amount of time. It looks like this is going to be a good year, so hopefully lots of syrup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home