Thursday, April 07, 2011

Being Human

I don't watch a lot of tv, even though I sit in front of it for several hours every day. Usually I'm flipping through the channels to see what's on and, with the exception of NCIS of which I've only recently become a fan and reruns of The Sopranos, there's not a lot that keeps my interest. Two other shows I watched until they started to bore me were House and Bones. After watching those two for a while you knew that House was going to suddenly discern the hidden ailment right in the middle of talking to Wilson, and I think they started grasping for material on Bones to try to keep it interesting, but it didn't work for me. I've been a fan of sci-fi all my life but almost every new series they come out with starts to lose its luster after the first couple of shows and takes twists and turns that really stray from the original pilot. That being said, I've been watching the series Being Human and it's been very interesting and entertaining. The plot centers around three people sharing a house, a vampire, ghost and a werewolf who are trying to fit in with the human population. If I just read that last line prior to watching the show I wouldn't even bother turning it on because it sounds laughable, but they really make it work and even my wife, who doesn't like sci-fi shows, has been following it. A lot of us have hidden secrets that keep us from feeling like we fit in, don't we? That's what the series is all about. The last show of the season is on next week, so I hope it gets renewed and I hope they keep it as entertaining as it has been. I'm sure sooner or later it will go on my list of shows I used to watch, but for now I'll stay tuned and see what happens next week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hi Tim,

Sorry to be gone for so long -- I've been here, there, and everywhere! Here's hoping the summer is a bit calmer. Ha! Miss you much and the show sounds great, actually. :)

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home