Sunday, February 17, 2008

I Believe

The title is a link to a song that used to play back when I was a wee bit younger. I frequented a skating rink called the Skate Corral to ogle the girls, play games, listen to music and hang out. I have a lot of great memories from then. I think back and find myself wanting to go out right now and step into my top-of-the-line skates that I bought from Sears for the outrageous price of $84. Then I stop myself when I realize that I lost my health insurance card and I'm sure I'd need it if I attempted to get on an unforgivably hard skating floor and try to blend in with the teenagers who are darting and dashing around the way I used to. Getting old can be such a cruel journey.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Tim,

Thanks for the well wishes! Still feeling grisly, but what can you do. The flu is a cruel thing. As for skating, I used to LOVE it. I would go again in a second if I didn't think I'd bust my butt first thing out. But even then, it'd probably be worth it. :)

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home