Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Blue and Green Look the Same in the Fading Light

I watched part of the inauguration today. Since I was off I thought I might as well see what all the commotion was about. It was fitting that MLK day was yesterday and we have a black president being sworn in today. Maybe the scales of injustice will balance out just a bit more now, but it will take more than a black president to realize Dr. King's dream, this is just a step in that direction. If racial prejudice truly disappears from our world then the swearing in of a black president will be just another formality and the topic of skin color will hardly come up at all.
Given the current state of the union I hope today's historic event is not taking place in the twilight of the democratic way of life here in the U.S. I hope President Obama has the power and ambition to right the wrongs that have sapped the strength from our country. I hope that this really will be a time of change for the better, and that today's celebration is not just icing on a cake which is crumbling on the inside.... He has a lot of work to do. Good luck President Obama!

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Tim,

Beautiful title! Obama does have his hands full, that's for sure! Here's hoping things get better for all of us. Not through any presidential fault, the last eight years have not been smoking hot for me. Here's to something really good for the next eight!

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home