Sunday, February 08, 2009

Small Steps

I've discovered that, barring a miracle, it is going to take a series of small victories to overcome my anxiety issues. Furthermore, there can be no lapse between these progressions or else I am likely to revert back to the way I was before, like an recovering alcoholic can't take a drink every so often because he thinks he's cured. I find this to be the hardest part of getting through my problems - weeks or months of not being aggressive in fighting these demons. Time is the enemy and until I find some way of squeezing more hours into the day I'm afraid my road to recovery is a long one. The small victories, however, do provide me with a faint glimmer of hope, and I'm finding that I need to bunch those closer together to make any headway. I will try to work on doing that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Tim,

Anxiety is such an awful feeling. I hate it -- feeling self-conscious and strange. I think that's why I chose to be a writer in some fundamental way. But then I taught for a long time and well, that cured me of a lot of anxiety after a couple of years of feeling nightmarish after every class. But I'll be sending all good thoughts your way!

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home