Sunday, March 28, 2010

I always considered myself to be a person with varied musical interests but I don't think I can say that these days. I stopped liking a lot of new music in the 90's, when originality, musical talent and hard work seemed to dim and fade away, save for a few performers who stepped into the spotlight with some creative works. That's probably just the opinion of this old codger who became a dad and had to listen to all that screaming nonsense when my kids were growing up and playing that crap... boy do I remind myself of my dad when I was a teenager. Anyway, through all the great rock songs of my youth there was still a part of me that loved the easy-listening stuff, and few could match Gordon Lightfoot when it came to putting passion into every song he sung so that it stayed in your mind for all time.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home