Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow Memories

It's winter in Ohio so what can you expect but lots of snow, right? Oh yeah. My wife said this reminded her of winters when she was a kid and we had this much snow all the time. I remember in '78 when ( yes, the year 1978) we had a bliz ( yes, I really am that old ) zard and my brand new Camaro was buried for about a week and all I could see was the roof of it until I finally dug it out. Those were the good old days.
In '92 or '93 we had a bad snow with a couple of feet on the ground and my oldest son Steve went sled riding with some of his friends late in the afternoon, almost dusk. His brother Nathan wanted to go with him, but with him only three at the time and the older kids not wanting a tag-a-long to babysit I made him stay home. I left him watching tv while I took a shower and when I came out Nathan was nowhere to be found. I panicked. It was well below freezing and getting dark and I had no idea which way he could have gone. After circling the block looking for him I went to where Steve and his friends were sled riding. There was Nathan with the kids, coat on but no hat or boots. I wondered what kind of miracle it was that he'd found the other kids even though they were several blocks away at a place that he'd never been before. It was simple. "I followed their tracks" was his answer. I guess it was a good thing no one had shoveled the sidewalks yet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Happy Valentine's Day, my dear! Hope you're staying warm and happy!

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home