Wednesday, September 29, 2010

TV That's All Screwed Up

Last night I watched part of a tv show about zombies. It was a reality-type show, and the ghouls had the same zombie-like appearance that every show since the original Night of the Living Dead movie has had. The thing that set this show apart wasn't it's "reality" setting, because there are about a half a million of those type shows on tv covering anything imaginable. Now, you're thinking maybe I was watching the Sci-Fi Channel, or Chiller, or even Comedy Central, right? Nope. This show was on Animal Planet. I couldn't believe it. I'd walked in when my son was watching it and knew he'd been watching something idiotic on MTV just before that, and figured this might be one of the stupid shows they offer up to misguided teens, but when a commercial came on advertising one of their regular programs I clicked the info button and, sure enough, it was indeed Animal Planet, the same channel which brings quality nature shows about mountain apes and great white sharks into our living rooms. I guess the premise was something like: What would it be like if zombies really did exist? Hence the house with zombie occupants, and cops who have to go there and end up shooting and reshooting everyone, and being turned into zombies themselves, and... well you've seen it before. BUT, have you seen it on Animal Planet? Call me simpleminded (you wouldn't be the first) but if I turn on Animal Planet I'm wanting to see something real, like a lion stalking a unicorn, not something that a bunch of moronic teenagers videotaped as a Halloween gag.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Agreed! Reality tv is a truly mixed bag. Hope you're having a good week, my friend!

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home