Sunday, May 22, 2011

One More Day in the Here and Now

I didn't even know about the end of the world that was supposed to happen yesterday until yesterday. Nobody ever tells me anything. Anyway, looks like it didn't happen, for me at least. For thousands of people across the earth it was their appointed time and the end did happen for them. For the rest of us we'll keep living from day to day until it's our time to go, and that might be on the end of days, or just our own demise. I've lived through several such predictions of doomsday and I can't say it doesn't bother me, but I figure I have better odds than a death row inmate who knows to the minute when he's going to die. I can't say how I'd react in that situation but I'd be in a much more heightened emotional state than I am when certain all-seeing persons tell us the end is at hand. So, basically I guess I'll keep on living until I'm not and won't worry about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home