Monday, October 02, 2006

A Day Without Sunshine is Like....Night

I really hate this time of year, if I haven't said that already. Sure, the changing colors on the trees make for beautiful hillsides and the grass doesn't need mowed quite as much as in the summer, but I always get a strange, lonely feeling when the season of Autumn approaches. I've found out in the last few years that I'm not the only one who gets like this. And... just as I'm about to write what the name of the symptom is it slips through the sieve that is my mind. Anyway, I guess a lot of people feel the same way as I do when the seasons change, some get a lot more depressed than I do and require medical treatment. I think it's the lack of daylight that contributes to the depression. I'm glad I don't get affected that badly, but I sympathize with those people because I can understand what they're going through.
If there is one thing that I do enjoy, from now until the snow flies, it's walking through the woods. The sounds, sights and smells are very different from any other time of the year. A lot fewer bugs flying around and most of the thick foliage has died off so it's easier to walk through, plus there is a stillness at this time of year that's almost eerie at times. As crazy as this sounds, I love being alone in the woods during the Fall season, even though the season makes me feel so lonely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home