Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Like A Ship on the Ocean

I've been sick again for the last couple of days. I don't know if it's the same cold/flu I had for a couple of weeks that's coming back or just something I ate, but I was awake all night Sunday and called off work yesterday - the first time I've done that in about three years. Right now I've got that crappy, on-the-verge-of-death kind of feeling, but other than that I'm doing just fine.
I was going to write about 9/11/01 yesterday, and where I was when it happened, but there was so much on tv about it that I didn't think anyone wanted to come on here and read more about it.
Actually there's not much new going on. I'm hating my job more and more every day, and I really need to make a new resume and go out seeking new employment. I'd really like to get into business for myself but all the ideas I have for starting something new around here would cost a lot more money than I could come up with. My alternate plan for just quitting and becoming a SAHD are meeting with a lot of resistance from my wife, who fails to see the advantage of having me home all the time while she provides for the family. I could take care of all the housework, except for the things that I know she LOVES to do. Also I would have a lot more time for things that I just don't have time for now, like; picking out good dvd rentals, shampooing the carpets every week.. ok every month...well maybe twice a year, resetting the grandfather clock which has been five hours fast for half a year now, and improving this blog site to deliver optimum enjoyment for all who visit. Yes, I would keep pretty busy with no job to hinder me. But for now I have to slave away like a regular sap, wasting five days a week to put money in someone else's pocket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home