Monday, September 18, 2006

Things That Go Bump in the Night

I went out to the land for a few hours last night. Burned some brush and took a lap around my hiking trail. I stayed until well after dark, and if I was someone who was easily spooked I might have felt a bit uneasy being there surrounded by hills with no one in sight, no light except for the fire I had going. But, I found it peaceful. Still.... when you start hearing odd noises and your eyes play tricks on you it could make you a little nervous. Not me though, of course. However...the old house that is mostly fallen in is right by where I park when I go there, and I did hear, a couple of times, something hit the car, lightly like it was brushing against it. It's times like that when I wonder if someone has died in that house, or someone who used to live in there has died and maybe comes back from the celestial beyond to see who might be tresspassing. But those are fleeting thoughts and disappear quickly to be replaced by more concrete thinking... last night my concrete thinking at the time conjured up the movie "The Mothman Prophecies". Not that I was staring into the dark sky looking for winged creatures to fly by or anything... or peering into the woods for a pair of red eyes looking back at me. Or checking up and down the road to see if something was creeping along its gravely course. naaahh..

Along that thinking I was talking to my wife about turning my hiking path into a 'walkway of terror' for Halloween. I think it would be so cool to have people hike up the hill and have things jump out at them, scaring their socks off. She didn't think it was such a good idea. It would take a lot of work to rig things up like that and to get people to stay on the path. Plus if its wet they're liable to slide down the hill and break something. But still... I think it's a great idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home