Saturday, March 17, 2007

Mega Monster

I got an email the other day with some statistics showing how humongous Wal-Mart has become. It's the biggest company ever, sells more food than any other store, takes in 36 million dollars every hour, and about a dozen other facts that might or might not be true, but probably at least most of it is. These kinds of emails I usually read and delete without much thought, but this one goes along with something that has had me awestruck for the last several months when I first started noticing it. You see, Ohio State Route 250 runs through our town where it joins a couple of other state highways, so there are a lot of semis passing through. The land we bought last year sits 3/4 of a mile off Rt. 250 about four miles outside town. Every time I go out there, every time, I pass at least one Wal-Mart semi, usually three or four. Considering the fact that I spend five minutes on that road and I always see a truck, I wonder how many pass through each day. Each hour. That fact, one that I can readily see with my own eyes, impresses me more than any many-times-forwarded email.

Hope everyone is enjoying their green beer and aren't suffering from being pinched for forgetting to wear green on this St. Patrick's Day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hey Tim,

Happy late St. Patrick's day! I know what you mean about Wal-Mart -- they are everywhere and I can't stand them. Won't go inside even. As for drinking green beer, I think this might be the first one where I didn't even have one drink!

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home