Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Snapshot of Life

One of my favorite songs from the 80's, in fact the song that I associate with the music explosion in that era, is SynchronicityII by The Police. Not a love song, or one glorifying the drugs, sex and rock& roll lifestyle at the time, but a song about a gloomy, depressing, everyday life which is unknowingly about to change as "something crawls to the surface". I don't know why I love this song so much... maybe it's the energy that Sting puts into singing it, turning it from a boring tale into something mysterious and slightly haunting that you just have to crank up the volume whenever you hear it. I have a great video of this song, but I haven't been able to put any videos on my blog for some time now.

I suppose that if you read into this song it could be an omen of things which were to come; life going on day by day while a dark, unseen presence slowly makes it's way to the civilized world.... New York City before 911? Just a thought.

Anyway, I haven't written anything in a while because there's not a lot going on, other than my youngest son going to scout camp this week. And my middle son getting engaged to his girlfriend, something my wife and I weren't ready for, but I expected was coming.
Umm... I took down my tepee. While I loved having it up and watching people slow down or stop to look at it, the birds also enjoyed it. Perching themselves on the tops of the poles to take a rest and a poop, they soon turned my creation into a speckled mess. I'm taking it to the laundromat today to wash it, then I might paint some scenery on it and put it back up.
That about it I guess. Hope your Wednesday is going good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle's Spell said...

Hi Tim!

Love that Sting song as well -- lots of great music from that time and it always makes me nostalgic. Congrats on the engagement of your middle son! Hope you're having a happy day!

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home