Saturday, June 24, 2006

Good News

We finally closed the deal on the land we're buying, so now it's ours! The land is about half woods and the rest is a large field which is overgrown with weeds. First thing this morning, bright and early, I went to Lowe's and bought a new trimmer. A heavy duty jobbie that had a blade attachment along with string. Also I got a new shovel, rake, and plenty of cord for the trimmer. I was all set to tackle my seven weedy acres and turn it into a paradise for all to behold. About an hour and a half into it I realized I had badly deluded myself into thinking I was going to get even the level part done with a weedeater. I plugged away at it all day and got an area about 20' x 40' done. I never put on the string attachment at all, but had to use the blade the whole time, that's how bad it was. I'm switching approaches now and will try to procure a brush hog, maybe I can hire one of the neighbors to run it over at least part of the land. What I got done today in five hours would have taken about five minutes at most with a brush hog. But I'm not complaining about all the work, in fact I'm reveling in it... working on my own land without having neighbors to worry about... breathing the country air...climbing to the top of the hill as the sun was setting to see the breathtaking view of the valley and hills.... no I'm not complaining at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home