Saturday, July 01, 2006

Birthday Blues

Well not really blue, but should I be? I turned 47 day before yesterday, and although most people think that's 'getting on in years' I don't feel old. I find that I still want to do all the things I did 20 years ago. Ok, so maybe there are a lot more aches and pains, but does that mean it's too late to try out for the majors? Yes, sadly, even though I still have some of the desires of a younger man I'm old enough to realize that I'm not young anymore. A mere three years ago I was in the best shape of my life, and I'm not that unsatisfied with me now, but there are limitations my body places on me once in a while when I start doing something an older man shouldn't. Overall I guess I'm just trying to act my age............. no not really.... not yet anyway. I'll still do as much "young person" stuff as I can until I embarrass myself or die of a heart attack. Actually I embarrass myself quite a bit so it might take a heart attack to slow me down. Maybe I'll start checking out nursing homes for the 'not so distant' future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home